TWO French football pundits have been axed after branding Neymar’s rape accuser ‘League 2’ quality on a radio sports show.
Daniel Riolo and Jerome Rothen have been suspended from their roles fronting the ‘After Foot’ show on the channel RMC over their cruel on-air jibes.
Daniel Riolo has been suspended from his radio role after the cruel comments[/caption]
Jerome Rothen called Neymar’s rape accuser as ‘League Two’ quality[/caption]
The pair described Najila Trindade as “second division” with Riolo apparently adding he was “really disappointed” when he saw the model, reports Le Parisien.
“I was expecting it to be a fighter plane. It’s from the second division,”said Riolo.
His co-presenter Rothen then added: “He can have everything he wants, he took a League 2.”
The pair later apologised on Twitter for their harsh words then again on their popular late night show – which has more than 350,000 listeners.
However, director general of RMC Sport Laurent Eichinger said “We strongly condemn the remarks made on the air by Jerome Rothen and Daniel Riolo.
“They are unacceptable. We take it very seriously. ”
The pair described Najila Trindade’s as ‘second division’ on their sports radio show[/caption]
PSG striker Neymar strongly denies all allegations of sexual assault[/caption]
Earlier we told how it was reported the model had claimed the footy superstar took photos of her “bruised backside” so he could show off to his mates.
Text messages reportedly sent between Ms Trindade, 26, and her former lawyer make more lurid and extraordinary claims against the Brazil striker, 27.
Ms Trindade, who is from Sao Paulo, alleges the £198m PSG frontman raped her in a hotel room in Paris last month after the pair began flirting on Instagram,.
Neymar strongly denies all allegations of sexual assault made against him insisting the relationship was consensual and that he is being blackmailed.
According to Brazilian news outlet Record TV, WhatsApp messages between Ms Trindade and her ex-attorney José Edgard da Cunha Bueno Filho show that the model accused the footballer of being “crazy” and “a danger to society.”
She then claimed the former Barcelona forward “took photos of my bruised backside” so that he could “show off in front of his friends”, Record reports.
Ms Trindade told her lawyer that she hit out at the superstar the following day in the hotel room – referencing a row which was captured on camera and was publicly released last week.
She wrote: “But I hit him the next day, because I was not going to take that s**t home or die.”
Her attorney then tells her to “get some rest” and “relax” before insisting Neymar “will pay for what he has done by legal means.”
But when the model threatened to publish compromising images to “end” the footballer’s “career right away”, her lawyer advises against it, the news outlet reports.
He writes: “I do not think this is strategy”, adding “I think you ought to find yourself another lawyer.”
Ms Trindade claims Neymar, 27, became aggressive after she ordered him to wear a condom when they met at a hotel in Paris.
The footballer, who was captain of his country until last month, denies the allegations and attended a police station in Rio de Janeiro to be questioned last week.
Neymar was escorted by three men as he hobbled into the police station in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday night.
The Brazilian soccer confederation confirmed Neymar had received a summons to speak with cops over accusations he posted pictures and messages from his alleged victim on social media, without her permission.
The model waved her right to anonymity and appeared on Brazilian television to give her side of events as a video emerged appearing to show her fighting with the Paris Saint-German star.
She said: “I was the victim of rape”.
Speaking with presenter Roberto Cabrini, Ms Trindade told how Neymar paid for her to stay at the five-star Sofitel Paris Arc Du Triomphe after they chatted on Instagram.
NEYMAR DENIES ATTACK
In the interview she also said: “I talked to him as an ordinary person; it was a sexual intention, a desire on my part and this was very clear to him.
“He asked me when I could visit him. I said at the moment I could not go because of financial issues.
“Also because of my commitments at work. Then he suggested he could solve it.”
She also revealed details of the alleged rape and physical abuse with the Paris Saint Germain player.
Ms Trindade claimed: “I asked him to stop and he kept hitting my butt.”
When asked whether she was a victim of rape, she said: “Aggression followed by rape.”
MORE NEYMAR NEWS
A medical examination carried out on May 21 – six days after the alleged rape – revealed the woman had bruising on her legs and bottom.
Pictures emerged last week of Ms Trindade being carried from a police station after giving testimony about the alleged attack.
Covering her face, the Brazilian model was seen being bundled away by her lawyer Danilo Garcia de Andrade after being interviewed by cops in Sao Paulo last week.
Ms Trindade was carried from a police station after giving testimony about the alleged attack[/caption]
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at email@example.com or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.